[mythtvnz] My New Setup

Brett Miller blmiller at slingshot.co.nz
Sat May 8 00:23:57 BST 2010

David
The mobo pictures (from Gigabyte website) show Dsub VGA connector in the
rear IO panel ?
Can use that with some of the last of the CRTs that were designed for
use with set top boxes.

Bit late now but.. the ION chipset would have been way better solution IMHO.
The price of ION chipset mobo should be collapsing as this is obsolete
with ION2 GT210 released.

I guess a very powerful CPU could make up for the 8200 but is not as
efficient/quiet.
An i5 quad core seems to work okay doing h264 playback with most of the
load on one core.
What is an AMDII-250 ?
Does it compare to the power efficiency of the dual core (atom &
pentium) & quad core Intel offerings ?

You can still plug in a half height GT210/220/240 GPU to fix the h/w
capability later.

IMO Plasma is better with motion..
Need to be very careful with exact models if Panasonic.

B.