[mythtvnz] Myth not responding to remote

James Booth james at booths.net.nz
Tue May 4 00:37:28 BST 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtvnz-bounces at lists.linuxnut.co.nz
[mailto:mythtvnz-bounces at lists.linuxnut.co.nz] On Behalf Of Robin Gilks
Sent: Tuesday, 4 May 2010 11:14 a.m.
To: MythTV in NZ
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] Myth not responding to remote

> I'm running Mythbuntu 0.22, and for some reason it has stopped responding
> my remote (MCE). I have changed nothing that I am aware of. The remote is
> working fine and checking output of /dev/lircd and irw shows correct
> output,
> and the lirc/remote settings in Myth have not changed, but Myth has simply
> stopped reponding to it. Anyone got any suggestiosn on what else I could
> check?

What does the frontend log report at startup - it should say something
about the lirc stuff. For example if I run the frontend on the backend
server box (which has no lirc set up on it) I get the error message

2010-05-04 11:12:25.872 LIRC, Error: Failed to read config file
'/home/g8ecj/.lircrc'

in the log.

--
Robin Gilks

The log shows:

2010-05-02 17:14:31.549 LIRC: Successfully initialized '/dev/lircd' using
'/home/james/.mythtv/lircrc' config

So looks like no problems there.