[mythtvnz] VLC and VDPAU

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Mon Mar 29 01:57:45 BST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nick Rout" <nick.rout at gmail.com>
To: "MythTV in NZ" <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2010 1:31 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] VLC and VDPAU

>> Also I don't think the internal player will play an external UDP stream as the hdhomerun's serve up, for robust live TV.

>No but there is a perfectly good live tv functionality built into mythtv!

Perhaps if you run DVB-S however its not so reliable over DVB-T (nor to the same extent that HD recordings are).  I assume you are
still not running HD - so might have limited experience of Live HD reliability?

Incidentally the times I've noted HD LiveTV to crash have often been change over times on the hour, however I've not got around to
checking logs.  I did however wonder if they might have something to do with the live recording or other start / stop recording file
changes.