[mythtvnz] VLC and VDPAU

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Mon Mar 29 00:35:55 BST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Worthington" <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>
To: "MythTV in NZ" <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2010 12:25 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] VLC and VDPAU

> On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 09:05:03 +1300, you wrote:
>
>>I think it's gonna get harder to use external players for video in
>>> mythtv. But at the same time myth's Internal player is getting better
>>> &  better.
>>>

>>That's good news, I'm starting to get sick of mplayer getting the A/V
>>sync wrong with AVI movies.  VLC does it without adjustment or problems.
>
> So why are you using mplayer for AVIs?  The internal player has been
> able to handle them fine for some time.

There used to be a command to use the internal player to play other files, ( "mythtv {filename}" ) however I recall it was changed
but searching I cannot find it.  Can anyone give me a starter?

Also I don't think the internal player will play an external UDP stream as the hdhomerun's serve up, for robust live TV.