[mythtvnz] Hardware Recommendations

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 02:13:41 GMT 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 1:57 PM, David Zanetti <dave2 at wetstring.net> wrote:

> SD Component is nowhere near as good as VGA in effective resolution.
>
> So I'd put them:
>
> Composite
> S-Video, SD Component
> VGA, HD Component
> DVI, HDMI <= 1.3
> HDMI >= 1.4, DisplayPort

Yes. The only thing I'd add is that the difference between VGA and DVI may
be small or large depending on the display device. On my 19" LCD monitors I
can't see any difference between the VGA and DVI inputs. On my old 42"
plasma the difference is marked - VGA is less sharp and text often has
annoying ghosting. The moral of the story is that it's always best to try
the various options and see which works acceptably for you.

Cheers,