[mythtvnz] Easiest way to change Prime to use Freeview EPG data

Aaron Whitehouse lists at whitehouse.org.nz
Tue Mar 23 07:10:09 GMT 2010

Hadley,

I followed the instructions as described in my post to the list by
running the following on the backend machine:
echo "UPDATE channel SET xmltvid = 'prime.freeviewnz.tv' WHERE xmltvid =
'prime.sky.co.nz'" | mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv -h 192.168.0.102
mythconverg

and edited ~/.xmltv/tv_grab_nz-py.conf:
from "channel!prime.freeviewnz.tv" to "channel=prime.freeviewnz.tv" and
from "channel=prime.sky.co.nz" to "channel!prime.sky.co.nz".

(192.168.0.102 is the system's IP address.) It all appeared to work, but
gave no message.

This morning, my guide still shows "Unknown" for Prime. According to the
system information, mythfilldatabase ran and completed
successfully. I would really appreciate it if you could check the
command that you suggested for any mistakes.

Should I have omitted the "-h 192.168.0.102" because I was running it on
the backend?

Thanks again for your help,

Aaron