[mythtvnz] No sound in frontend...

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Mar 23 06:33:19 GMT 2010

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 18:39:10 +1300, you wrote:

>On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Brendan Dacre <bjdacre at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 23 March 2010 15:09, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>
>> wrote:

>>> Is sound working on the frontend PC, other than with mythfrontend?  Is
>>> aplay able to play a sound file from a bash prompt?  What does aplay
>>> -l show

>> Yes sound works for rhythmbox and movie player...
>> Output of aplay -l:
>> **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
>> card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: CONEXANT Analog [CONEXANT Analog]
>>   Subdevices: 0/1
>>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
>> card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: Conexant Digital [Conexant Digital]
>>   Subdevices: 1/1
>>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
>> I am assuming output is actually analog since I don't appear to have any
>> digital plugs on this laptop...
>> Brendan
>
>what about aplay -L  ?
>
>what is the audio device set to?

That should work with MythTV set to ALSA: default.  Then you need to
run alsamixer and check that everything you are using is enabled and
has the volume level turned up.  And then check the volume setting in
MythTV, both the default value in the setup somewhere, and the one
controlled by the remote.  And check if the remote has the sound
muted.  I once spent 10 minutes trying to figure out where my sound
had gone when I had sat on the remote and muted it by mistake.