[mythtvnz] No sound in frontend...

Brendan Dacre bjdacre at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 03:59:16 GMT 2010

On 23 March 2010 15:09, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 14:57:17 +1300, you wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have a test Mythbuntu 9.10 backend (and frontend for testing purposes)
> >tuned to freeview.  The backend and frontend work OK, but when I run a
> >frontend on another machine, I get no sound.
> >
> >I have played with the frontend sound settings (device) to no avail.  The
> >two frontend machines with this problem run debian lenny and mythtv 0.22.
> > Sound works on both machines in other applications (rhythmbox).
> >
> >The video works beautifully, better than the backend machine, but no sound
> >is rather annoying...
> >
> >Brendan
>
> Is sound working on the frontend PC, other than with mythfrontend?  Is
> aplay able to play a sound file from a bash prompt?  What does aplay
> -l show

Yes sound works for rhythmbox and movie player...

Output of aplay -l:

card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: CONEXANT Analog [CONEXANT Analog]
  Subdevices: 0/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: Conexant Digital [Conexant Digital]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

I am assuming output is actually analog since I don't appear to have any
digital plugs on this laptop...

Brendan