[mythtvnz] Almost there with epgsnoop!

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Mon Mar 22 22:11:46 GMT 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-23 at 01:37 +1300, Robin Gilks wrote:
> Just missing tvcentral and ctv8, neither of which are on DVB-S
> Freeview (is that right?) so where does the EPG data come from...

This script pulls the data directly from the Freeview website which has
all the channels;

http://nice.net.nz/epgsnoop-grabber

Run that through xmltv-proc-nz and it's probably the best data you can
get for Freeview currently.

I'd suggest people use the hosted data at nzepg.org though so as to not
hammer the freeview web server too much. I imagine they are already
noticing the increased traffic from all the new scripts and programs
others have written to grab data directly after epg.pvr.geek.nz went
down.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier