[mythtvnz] All the different EPG options....

Kelvin Smith kelvins at kelhome.dyndns.org
Mon Mar 22 20:29:23 GMT 2010

Hello

Been looking at all the developments over the past few weeks etc with Sky.
 I currently use Reven for updates, and are now thinking of sorting out
the EPG prior to it breaking.  I have had a quick look around mythtv.co.nz
to try and find information.  Perhaps someone could create a page there
that references other stuff, or explains it all.

I am currently running 0.21.  I have downloaded epgsnoop 0.81-0.83.  All
of them give me the same result... nothing.  I am running this on a DVB-T
source only.  When I say nothing, all I get displayed is the start and end
XML tags.  No programs displayed.  When run in debug mode, I get lots of
errors like ID 1205 (and other numbers) not a valid something.  This is
off Wharite.  SO, can epgsnoop work with teresstial data?

I understand that the EPG on Terrestial is only 2 days, not 7.  is this
correct?

So, to get EPG.  Found the ability to get EPG data off freeview, although
this is not in XMLTV format.  I found a script which gets them (hads
wrote), but I gather is old(?) as it does give movie info, categories etc.

Today I see mentioned xmltv-proc-nz which requires the XML.  Is this XML
taken from epg.co.nz or from the freeview site.

What I really want is this:
Preference is to get the EPG data from Freeview than off epg.co.nz
website.  But, also want the categories etc for this.  What does one use.

If there was one page that explained it all, this would make it so much
easier.

Also, the EPG guide.  Apparantely  pressing F12 should bring it up.  Is
this a 0.22 feature.  Does RedButton, when installed just work, or what
integration is required into mythtv.

Sorry for all the questions, but just want to understand the options.