[mythtvnz] Wireless Keyboard / Trackball

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sun Mar 21 07:47:58 GMT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hadley Rich" <hads at nice.net.nz>
To: "MythTV in NZ" <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2010 5:59 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] Wireless Keyboard / Trackball

> Anyway. DHCP doesn't take 10 seconds, if it does it's broken.

Given the interest I set a static IP, it makes no discernable difference.  The Ethernet icon saying disconnected may be carried thru
from the stood by desktop image however the connected message takes same period whether static or DHCP served to stated MAC with
specified IP.  Also taking the connection down and up again (using ifconfig down|up) takes < 2 seconds so I presume the delay is in
mythbuntu resuming cpu tasks from standby and not the DHCP on the LAN.