[mythtvnz] epgsnoop issues

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Sun Mar 21 07:36:39 GMT 2010

On Sun, 2010-03-21 at 20:23 +1300, Jean-Francois Pirus wrote:
> I tried using epgsnoop 0.81, but it's nor working for me.

0.82 is out BTW.

> Is there anything special to do to install it? ie: a special version
> of dvbsnoop?

Not that I'm aware of.

> I even tried calling dvbsnoop directly and no data ever come out.
> dvbtune -c 0 -f 1644000 -s 22500 -p h -tone 0
> #To confirm that we are tuned
> scan -a 0 -c -o zap
> dvbsnoop  -nph  0x12

If dvbsnoop doesn't output data then epgsnoop won't work so that needs
fixing first, are you sure you're tuning correctly to a transponder with
EIT data?

> Also when I tried using epgsnoop with the Imdb processor (and an imdb
> database) I get the following:

I haven't used the Imdb processor for a while myself. I'd recommend
using xmltv-proc-nz with themoviedb processor instead, it works better.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier