[mythtvnz] Wireless Keyboard / Trackball

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sat Mar 20 23:21:16 GMT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nick Rout" <nick.rout at gmail.com>
To: "MythTV in NZ" <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2010 5:42 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] Wireless Keyboard / Trackball

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> [...]

via a menu entry linked to a script which runs shutdown

I've since found there are WOL android market apps that will do WOL for a number of devices from an android phone.

Sorry Nick, I've yet to see a SleepOnLAN app there.  I find the Ubuntu Suspend function to work really well, I might see if I can
figure out how to add it as a new option in the existing FE mythtv turn off options of shutdown mythtv or shutdown the whole box.
Suspend the box also seems a sensible option to have here.  From what I've seen so far its probably just adding another menu item
into some XML somewhere and hooking the suspend to this.

The slowest thing about resuming I find to be waiting for the DHCP server to do its stuff and finish the eth0 connection, takes
about 2 seconds to resume and 10 seconds to get the eth0 connection again.  I suppose using a static IP would speed that
up....however I moved away from statics a long time ago....