[mythtvnz] Wireless Keyboard / Trackball

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sat Mar 20 00:03:33 GMT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: <criggie at criggie.dyndns.org>
To: "MythTV in NZ" <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2010 10:00 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] Wireless Keyboard / Trackball

Thanks for the interest guys.  As there is, the details and manual are at http://www.focus.com.tw/ShowProduct.php?proSN=68

One nice thing about it is any keyboard / mouse action received is greeted with a blue LED flash on the USB dongle, this feedback is
helpful to confirm a key press was actually sufficiently pressed.

> Tortise wrote:
>> One particular observation is that the keyboard only gets connected once the kernel has booted enough to (presumably) connect up
>> the
>> USB device.  If there is a boot error where a kernel needs to be selected/changed or if one wanted to change a BIOS setting then
>> this keyboard won't do it.
>
> In your bios, turn on "USB keyboard" or something similar.  That'll fix
> the prob.  You'll need a PS/2 keyboard to do that.

Yes that works.  It initially introduced a problem with the trackball, that is the pointers is glued to the top right of the screen
and jumps back there.  Hmmm.  Was hard to unglue, needed BIOS reversion, cold power offs and remove USB dongle to fix then!.  Second
time around this did not recur, so maybe just got its wires crossed as a once off...

The mouse double click power on still did not work with USB Keyboard enabled.  One keyboard I have has a power button, did not work.
The password keyboard option, as below, did not work either.   I wonder if one hacked up an intermediate USB dongle power supply,
that was always on, if that would allow the Keyboard wake to work?

> what about wake on USB?

That option is not in my BIOS.