[mythtvnz] Wireless Keyboard / Trackball

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Fri Mar 19 19:48:09 GMT 2010

I've been trialling http://jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=XC4941&keywords=keyboard&form=KEYWORD which are currently $105 and seem
to work ok and does not seem to have had any mythtv list attention.

One particular observation is that the keyboard only gets connected once the kernel has booted enough to (presumably) connect up the
USB device.  If there is a boot error where a kernel needs to be selected/changed or if one wanted to change a BIOS setting then
this keyboard won't do it.  Other than that there is some merit in it, at the price.  For similar reasons I don't see how one might
get a power on function working from that keyboard.  Perhaps that could come from a cell phone/browser Wake on LAN command.  (An
idea for mythweb?)

In contrast I have an older Kensington wireless keyboard / mouse set which connect via ps/2 interfaces and they work even with the
BIOS, including a mouse double click on works, however they do not have the same ergonomics or range of the XC4941....