[mythtvnz] epgsnoop

graeme graeme.joy at paradise.net.nz
Tue Mar 16 07:33:56 GMT 2010

Given the problems with Sky I've resorted to getting epgsnoop going. I'm
using version 0.81.
I have copied channels.conf.sky to channels.conf and epgsnoop.sqlite to
.epgsnoop.

Freeview seems to work OK but sky the config is not, all I get is

myth at mercury:~/epgsnoop-0.81$ epgsnoop
/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/epgsnoop/snooper.py:8:
DeprecationWarning: The popen2 module is deprecated.  Use the subprocess
module.
   import popen2

Processing packets: 02500
Total programs:     0
<!DOCTYPE tv SYSTEM "xmltv.dtd">
<tv generator-info-name="epgsnoop/0.81"
generator-info-url="http://nice.net.nz/epgsnoop" date="20100316202828 ">
</tv>

I'm assuming that mythbackend must not be running for this to work??