[mythtvnz] EPG alternative (yes another thread)

Robert Connolly rob at webworxshop.com
Tue Mar 16 00:28:29 GMT 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 12:44 +1300, Hadley Rich wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Are there people who don't have access to a DVB-S card for getting Sky
> EPG data?
>
> Would any of those people be interested in an XMLTV website scraper as
> an alternative?
>
> I could probably whip one up fairly quickly without infringing on any
> "intellectual property".
>
> hads

I would say it's always good to have more than one option and
BeautifulSoup is your friend.

Thanks for providing this much needed service to the community and I'm
sorry to hear about your run in with Sky. It just shows that often IP
enforcement has the opposite effect to that intended, by alienating your
potential audience.

Cheers,

Rob