[mythtvnz] Multiseat Myth?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 19:00:52 GMT 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 9:05 PM, Ross and Jemima Knudsen
<ross.jemima at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if anyone knows whether it would be possible to run a
> multiseated mythbox?  Multiseat is where you run two or more monitors
> with separate desktops on each.  I'm interested to know whether it would
> be still possible to access the advanced graphics functions (ie hardware
> decoding) with 2+ monitors.
>
> Reason I'm asking is that it seems like it might be more cost effective
> to just run AV cabling than building/buying separate frontend systems.
> Especially if they are probably not going to get fully utilised as I'm
> sure that my system is not being heavily pushed.
>
> Anyway it'd be good to get people's views as without the hardware
> decoding capabilities this idea is pretty much dead in the water.

This question has been asked here before and I think I gave much the
same answer then:

Search the mythtvusers mailing list. I have seen someone describe a
similar successful setup. If you want acceleration on each monitor,
you will probably need a graphics card for each monitor.