[mythtvnz] EPG or lack there of

toby at np.co.nz toby at np.co.nz
Sun Mar 14 21:26:08 GMT 2010

> On Sun, 2010-03-14 at 10:50 +1300, Brett Miller wrote:
>> The website pvr.geek.nz seems to be not working correctly. connection
>> interrupted no data etc etc..
>>
>> Was some recent comment/post about DNS hosting ...
>
> Things not working is intentional.

Perhaps the guys that have been very kindly hosting the EPG all this time,
could post their scripts up that they are using in place of the EPG (which
would not infringe any copyright). The only reason I was using the epg.pvr
feeds is because the data was so much cleaner than my own scripts.

Thanks Sky, the reality is now you have driven this underground so all the
people that were getting from there are now going to go and pull the data
directly themselves where you will have no visibility of what is going on.

Either that or if we can't get guide data we will just cancel our sky
subscriptions. Sometimes I wonder about the mentality of these people. I
think they probably think we are all potential MySky customers when in
reality we are not.

Cheers
Toby