[mythtvnz] EPG or lack there of

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 06:50:10 GMT 2010

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Stephen Worthington <
stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 15:43:09 +1300, you wrote:
>
> >Good time to get a satellite dish & dvb-s tuner.
> >How long will it be until the dvb-s EIT data is neutered as well. It
> >only still exists due to legacy sat receivers in so many homes ?
> >The dvb-s could move to mheg5 EPG as well.
> >
> >The fact that there are "toys being thrown out of the sand pit", over
> >internet  EPG sourced from dvb-s EIT, probably suggests they are staying
> >with dvb-s EIT because they are fighting to protect it.
> >
> >It is hard to see how to make the mheg5 EPG more awful.
> >
> >Don't they actually want us to watch any TV programmes from their channels
> ?
>
> I know you can get the Freeview EIT data from their satellite
> channels.  But can you also get the Sky EIT from their satellite
> channels even though the video is encrypted?  What do you need to do
> that?

Yes, that's where the epg.pvr.geek.nz feed came from. You need epgsnoop or
tv_grab_dvb or something else that knows how to grab the EIT data and write
it out as an xmltv file. Search the archives - I think this has all been
covered before in some detail.

Cheers,