[mythtvnz] Problem with desktop extending beyond screen edge

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sun Mar 7 08:57:58 GMT 2010

---- Original Message -----
From: "Ross and Jemima Knudsen" <ross.jemima at gmail.com>
To: "MythTV in NZ" <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2010 9:16 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] Problem with desktop extending beyond screen edge

> Tortise wrote:
>> Hmmm.  Can you though?  Is it actually displaying true 1080p as claimed?  One test is to display an image with alternating
>> coloured
>> parallel adjacent lines that are each a pixel wide and see if they are detailed, as well as if they are all detailed.   Test
>> patterns are also available on the Internet.  There should be 1080 horizontal lines seen (and debatably 1920 vertical lines) for
>> 1080p display.
>
> Would you be able to post an image and I will test.

I hope its ok to do so...  I hacked this up for you.  You should be able to see all the lines - the 3 black lines at each corner (x
four), as well as the ten horizontal lines in the middle.

Also see this comprehensive site... http://www.w6rz.net/

> I assume that it is displaying the whole 1080 lines as my Windows laptop
> did recognise and switch to 1080 resolution and the edges of the screen
> were all visible.

Scaled images are not always what they seem.

> Note I don't really want to have to count all the
> lines ;-).

OK.  Me neither, so I won't suggest you do that, we have cpus, software and images that can do that!