[mythtvnz] Problem with desktop extending beyond screen edge

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 09:50:05 GMT 2010

Tortise wrote:

> If using a recent enough NVIDIA version you can check out the slider "Overscan Compensation" as found in NVIDIA X server setting
> under GPU0 and probably CRT-1....  its a fair bet your answer lies there.  Let us know if this is the answer and what you think of
> the monitor?

That worked like a charm!!!  Now I can see my beloved taskbar.  I ended
up tweaking that slider to 100 and it seems to fit correctly.
Interesting it works out to be a nice round number.  Makes me think that
something else is going wrong somewhere.

Jean-Francois Pirus wrote:
> It's a TV problem, most TV will chop the edges of to get rid of noise
at the
> edges, not very usefull with 1080p signals...
>
> Hopefully your TV will have a setting like "Just Scan", it should be
where
> you specify 4:3 or 16:9 and "some other weird name" to just display the
> actual pixels.

I wondered the same thing.  The only settings I can seem to access from
the TV menu say "scale mode" which can be set to a number of settings
but even on the "full" setting it was cutting off the edges.  Note also
that when I connected my laptop up it didn't cut anything off.  Oh well
its fixed as noted above for the moment.

Cheers guys.