[mythtvnz] [OT] LNB's

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 04:39:36 GMT 2010

Friend has a cheapo DVB-S stb and has just moved house. Has a new sat
dish which was installed by non sky people a few days ago. He now gets
no signal.

His old sat dish was an old sky one and I set his STB LNB settings to
Standard and the frequency to 11300.

I suspect his new LNB is different as we are getting no signal.

The LNB options are

Standard (sub setting Freq1 and 22k (on/off))

Universal (sub setting Freq 1, Freq 2 and no setting for 22k)

User (sub setting Freq1, Freq2 and 22k (on/off))

Any ideas of some common settings to try to get his sat reception
back? He is pointed to optus d1. (At least I assume the satellite
installer did that correctly).