[mythtvnz] RF remote works with linux?

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz at hotblack.co.nz
Fri Mar 5 23:13:49 GMT 2010

On 6/03/10 10:23 AM, Ross and Jemima Knudsen wrote:
> I thought the PS3 remotes were heavy on the batteries and had delays in
> terms of reconnecting to the bluetooth network?  That's why I was
> thinking more along the lines of a RF remote.

That's the case with the PS3 remote I was using with my Mac.  The Mac
software (RemoteBuddy) disconnects the remote in order to increase
battery life.  That's the cause of the reconnecting delay.  But without
it, you might get a few days. Even with it I got less than 2 weeks on a
set of good alkalines.

Can't comment on linux performance.

  - Wade