[mythtvnz] playback profiles filters

Brett mythicalbeast at slingshot.co.nz
Thu Jun 24 10:28:04 BST 2010

> > Yes could use XMBC, mplayer is worse or same as than Myth internal
> > player.
>
> worse at what?

Not much actually & I don't like using mplayer.
Scaled playback of DVD & other SD low res stuff for a lot of myth users.

I prefer to use the myth internal player & was only trying to find an
easy way to get the best out of it.
The myth internal player can use openGL bicubic scaling or
vdpau-hq-scaling (feature set C).

So you need to be running 0.23 +fixes & have feature set C GPU OR be
prepared to repeatedly change the preferred playback profile.
A lot of people could make use of openGL scaling for SD format & leave
vpdau for h.264.

Have achieved the result I wanted by moving to 0.23 JYA & a new GPU.
But that may not be a option for everyone.