[mythtvnz] Vaapi testing

Joel Wiramu Pauling joel at aenertia.net
Sat Jun 19 15:32:19 BST 2010

Yup, xorg-edgers ppa for lucid, there are some ati chipsets supported. Look
at

http://www.x.org/wiki/radeon

If you are running lucid adding the x-org edgers ppa and ppa-kernel will do
the trick (xorg1.8 requires newer kernel than is in lucid for KMS switching
extensions not present in 2.6.32)

I was supprised how well gallium works (version 0.4 builds in repo) on
nvidia as all the signs are it's broken.

The xvmc extensions for cetain gpu offloading on my nvs110 (nv46 chip) work
well. Unfortunatley this is the last chip that didn't have vdpau
extensions... and I remember reading something about purevideo extensions
with nouveau from a few months back, that hinted at it not working.

Not idea for ati tho., and my only purevideo compliant chipset I am running
stable + proprietry x drivers.