[mythtvnz] Unable to watch Live TV

toby at np.co.nz toby at np.co.nz
Wed Jun 16 23:39:20 BST 2010

Here is an odd one....

I went to watch live TV last night for the first time since my upgrade and
noticed it was not working.

I get an error "Unable to connect to master backend, is it running".

Log investigations show it is trying to connect to 127.0.0.1 and as this is
a remote frontend that is obviously not going to work.

All other functions on the frontend are working and correctly connecting to
the backend at 192.168.0.40.

I have searched the disk for versions of mysql.txt that might be pointng to
the wrong place and scoured the database looking for incorrect entries but
everything looks fine.

Does live TV use a different database setting and if so where can this be
found. Google has not been much help, in most cases it was people who had
localhost set as their master backend setting on the backend.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Regards
Toby