[mythtvnz] New Mac Mini

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz at hotblack.co.nz
Wed Jun 16 23:18:46 BST 2010

On 16/06/10 7:19 PM, Steve Hodge wrote:
> Not bad but it's huge compared to a Mac Mini: 3.8" x 12.8" x 16.8" vs 1.4" x
> 7.7" x 7.7". I think that's where the other $300 goes: making it 10% of the
> size. Plus the 801.11n, firewire, bluetooth but those are probably gettable
> on the right MB if you need them.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve

Plus Infrared receiver.

Then also factor in the overall power consumption and also the noise.
The mini is pretty damn hard to hear while being used for Myth type
loads. Not so any of the Antec cases I've got with their included power
supplies (NSK2480 & NSK4480 which are designed with low noise in mind,
but not totally silent)

  - Wade