[mythtvnz] GeForce xfx 6200 & WinTV-NOVA-TD 500?

mythtv mythicalbeast at slingshot.co.nz
Sun Jun 13 03:13:05 BST 2010

> > Feeling sure I will attract much derision, does anyone have any comment
> > about this board and my steadfast commitment to making old dogs to new
> > tricks:
> > http://www.reel-multimedia.com/en/extension_linux_technische_daten.html
>
> Interesting looking device, but very expensive (150 euro). Also
> probably requires a patch to mythtv. The pdf says that drivers and
> "sample apps" are included.

Looks like a good solution for a commercial set-top box.
All their products look German impressive..
If this device can do h.264 playback on 10W what is nVidia doing with
the other 100W !
But I did not think PCI or AGPx8 had the bandwidth for true HD1080
playback..

The Optiplex 620 740 745 could be a good HTPC box but most of them have
an ATI videocard to dispose of..