[mythtvnz] GeForce xfx 6200 & WinTV-NOVA-TD 500?

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 08:54:10 BST 2010

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 6:44 PM, Morgan Read <mstuff at read.org.nz> wrote:

> Hmm, many thanks.  So - I can get a satellite (which is standard
> definition) system out of this box; can I get a DVB-T system that I
> would only expect standard definition from?

Not really. DVB tuners work by (basically) dumping a stream of data to disk
so their output is just what the broadcaster sends. Freeview DVB-S is
standard definition and produces files you could play with that system.
Freeview DVB-T is HD (and using fairly advanced options at that) - that
system won't play the Freeview DVB-T files. You could transcode them down to
a format/codec it could handle but that's going to be hugely inconvenient.

Cheers,