[mythtvnz] IceTV launching in NZ

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Thu Jun 3 00:46:17 BST 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 11:41 +1200, Steven Ellis wrote:
> Was the pricing in the email, and do they have an NZ website up yet?

No it wasn't, see here;

http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=2536.0

> Wondering if this is one reason Sky has come down so hard on EPG site
> recently.

I don't think so. I talked with IceTV at one stage and this was after
the whole Sky bullying thing.

I can't actually look at IceTV's data as the I can't agree with their
T&C currently but they generate their own data separately from any
network-published data.

I think the very interesting part of this though is whether the networks
will challenge them regarding copyright.

There's a very high possibility that this opens the way for a crowd
sourced free EPG source using data from themoviedb and thetvdb, somewhat
like what nzepg.org appears to be  working towards.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier