[mythtvnz] Remotes available locally?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 05:16:37 BST 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Jonathan Hoskin
<jonathan.hoskin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Using the setup described on the XBMC wiki and the input.conf on the
>> mythtv wiki I have it working fine. Just note that although the bluez
>> package in lucid seems to be patched for the PS3 remote I still had to
>> enable the kitlaan ppa repo and add the bluez package from there:
>>
>> sudo apt-add-repository ppa:kitlaan
>>

> Good to hear. Doing the same here. Just wondering, what idle timeout are you
> using?
> I'm using IdleTimeout=900 (15 minutes), which seems to be a good balance
> between annoyance and battery life.

Actually I have two IdleTimeout entries in the input.conf. One in the
general section and one in the PS3 section. Both are commented out, so
I don't really know what is being used. That part looks like this:

# Set idle timeout (in seconds) before the connection will
# be disconnect (defaults to 0 for no timeout)
#IdleTimeout=600

# This section contains options that are specific to a device
#[00:11:22:33:44:55]
[00:24:33:50:21:3C]

# Set a custom idle timeout (in seconds) for this specific device
#IdleTimeout=30