[mythtvnz] Remotes available locally?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 03:04:49 BST 2010

To revive this thread, I report I bought a PS3 Bluetooth Remote for
$49.95. I already had a tiny USB dongle, which can be had for under
$10 anyway.

Using the setup described on the XBMC wiki and the input.conf on the
mythtv wiki I have it working fine. Just note that although the bluez
package in lucid seems to be patched for the PS3 remote I still had to
enable the kitlaan ppa repo and add the bluez package from there:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:kitlaan

The remote is in use in our bedroom with the acer revo. It works well,
no line of sight needed. It's quite weird to point the remote at the
ceiling and have it work. It lacks a backlight, but that's OK . It has
no separately programmable keys to control the TV but I can live with
that too.

Thinking of getting one for the lounge unless I can get my MCE remote repaired.