[mythtvnz] tv_grab_nz-py fails to validate

Bob . maillists.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 04:52:51 BST 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 2:08 PM, Hadley Rich <hads at nice.net.nz> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-07-22 at 13:52 +1200, Bob . wrote:
>> Does myth need to be configured in some manner to recognise the
>> presence of xmltv or does it find it automatically?
>
> It doesn't.
>
> Run; `sudo -iu mythtv` then try running tv_grab_nz-py and see what
> happens.

Runs fine as far as I can tell...

mythtv at neon:~$ tv_grab_nz-py
INFO - Downloading data from nzepg.org...
INFO - Done
INFO - Parsing listings...
<tv date="20100722125202 +1200"
generator-info-name="epgsnoop-grabber"><channel
id="tv1.freeviewnz.tv">
                <display-name>TV One</display-name>
                <icon
src="http://www.freeviewnz.tv/images/uploads/tv_one.jpg" />
        </channel>
        <channel id="tv2.freeviewnz.tv">
                <display-name>TV2</display-name>
                <icon src="http://www.freeviewnz.tv/images/uploads/tv_2.jpg" />
        </channel>
[snip]
        <programme channel="tv1.freeviewnz.tv" start="20100728053000
+1200" stop="20100728053500 +1200">
                <title>World Business Report</title>
                <desc>The latest business news with informed analysis
from the world's financial centres.</desc>
                <category>tvshow</category>
                <category>News</category>
        </programme>
</tv>

mythtv at neon:~$ echo $?
0

Hmmmm, looks like mythtv-setup is timing out before tv_find_grabbers
completes hence doesn't present any of them as an option.  Running on
an Acer Revo and the poor little fella is just too slow.  I got rid of
all the other grabbers in /usr/bin and I can now select the NZ grabber
in mythtv-setup.

Is there any way to configure it to ignore some grabbers (rather than
deleting stuff willy-nilly from /usr/bin)?

Unfortunately I'm still not getting guide data into myth successfully
but I'll start another thread if necessary.

Thanks for the help.