[mythtvnz] Cutting H.264 DVB-T files with ffmpeg without transcoding

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 20:00:45 BST 2010

David Moore wrote:
> I guess so. What exactly would you like to do? If you mean a myth user
> job that runs automatically for every recording then I'm not sure what
> you have in mind. Or do you mean a script you run from the command line,
> e.g., to trim recordings or join recordings?

See this link:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Jobs

Basically you write a script in what ever language you want and what you
would normally type into the command line is what you would put into the
user job setup and Myth will run the job either automatically or you can
manually select it to run.  The above link shows that there are some
variables which Myth can provide to make it work generically (eg
filename, filepath)