[mythtvnz] Cutting H.264 DVB-T files with ffmpeg without transcoding

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jul 21 12:01:15 BST 2010

Robin Gilks wrote:
>>> Have you considered putting a script together which could be run as a
>>> user job?  Then some of those of us that are interested in getting this
>>> to work could do some actual testing and spread the workload.
>>
>> +1 to that
>
> I take it that all the effort is due to nuvexport not working for H264
> files (well it doesn't for me anyway).
>
> Am I right?

Actually I've never tried nuvexport. There's a lot I don't know about
myth. :-) I have tried mythtranscode but never got it to work. I'm just
looking for some tools to cut and join recordings reasonably reliably. I
don't need an "all-in-one" tool as I'm happy to do stuff from the
command line so it's just a matter of finding the right progs and
learning the syntax for me.