[mythtvnz] Hdmi sound

Solor Vox solorvox at epic.geek.nz
Sun Jul 11 01:00:19 BST 2010

On Sun, July 11, 2010 06:51, stuart wrote:
> I was just wanting to check, has anyone got this to work,
>   Picture is perfect  but no sound, not really a problem as I directly
> pass the sound  digitally.to the amp
>   But I am curious if other people have got this to work?
>   Set up is Mythbuntu 10.4
> 2gig dual core
>   asus bravo gt220 silent
> Stu

I have a EEEBox 1012 with Ion / 9400M that I use HDMI for auto and video.
My default device (0,0) was analog output jack.  Use aplay -l to view your
output devices, then set the hdmi in /etc/asound.conf.  My config is:

pcm.!default hdmi:NVidia
pcm.iec958 hdmi:NVidia

Use alsamixer to unmute these channels.  Finally, you need to tell myth to
use AC3 passthrough in the front end setup.

One last note, desktop cards need a SPDIF audio cable connected to your
sound card or motherboard.  It's a 2 conductor wire that plugs in next to
the power ports on the video card.

Cheers,
sV