[mythtvnz] Epgsnoop how to use mythfilldatabase to load the listings.xml data

Joel Wiramu Pauling joel at aenertia.net
Fri Jul 9 04:24:20 BST 2010

Tim an explanation of the mythfilldatabase script

-file 1 : 1 is the source number with which to populate the epg data with,
i.e if you have multiple epg sources and cards you might use 2 or 3 in some
instances.

--manual basically says anytime I am going to overwrite/populate something
ask for interactive input. It generally isn't needed, it is useful the first
time to so you can see what is happening.

The most importantpart is ensuring that the channel i'd in the database
match those in the xml

i.e chan 2 = tv2.freeviewnz.tv otherwise the epg data will fail to update it
correctly.

After you have it working you can add a crontab entry like so:

wget http://your.epg.source.gz -O - |gunzip|mythfilldatabase -file 1

Cheers

-Joel W Pauling