[mythtvnz] Off Topic - CCTV cameras

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Thu Jul 8 04:47:37 BST 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 15:40 +1200, Steve Hodge wrote:
> The audio gets very distorted and full of static when starting a
> recording. It's apparently not that unusual as I easily found a
> work-around on the net: resetting the audio with
> v4l2-ctl --set-audio-input 1 -d /dev/video0
> fixes the problem. But it didn't used to exhibit the issue at all and
> then for a while it was intermittent. So I suspect the hardware. And
> there has been one case where resetting the audio didn't work and I
> had to reboot to fix it.

Tinny audio is an annoying IVTV driver bug that's been around and back
again for ages. I've seen it on three out of four systems myself at
varying rates of intermittent-ness and frequency which also changes with
kernel versions. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was this.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier