[mythtvnz] Off Topic - CCTV cameras

criggie at criggie.dyndns.org criggie at criggie.dyndns.org
Thu Jul 8 04:26:34 BST 2010

On 08/07/10 14:53, Steve Hodge wrote:
> Criggie wrote:
>     http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.26223
>     Sodding brilliant card.  Works with the saa7134 kernel module, just
>     needs
>           saa7134 card=33,33,33,33
>     /etc/modprobe.d/saa7134.conf
>     Anyway - this is unrelated to myth so any questions ask off-list.

> How is discussion of a video capture card unrelated to myth? This would
> (I assume) work very well for recording from a Sky box. I'm temped to
> get one myself as my PVR-150 is nearing the end of it's life I suspect.

I'm using this one for CCTV and cameras, rather than broadcast.
Also I'm using motion not myth for the software side.

It does have mono audio in, but none of my cameras have microphones so
its really irrelevant to me.  motion doesn't record audio anyway.
You could record from four sky boxes with this, but it wouldn't be ideal.

The PVR150 is a nice card - what's wrong with yours ?

--
Criggie

http://criggie.dyndns.org/