[mythtvnz] Channel Change

tim Lockyer drtimlockyer at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 01:57:18 BST 2010

Channel Change Problem Sky Box

 Just upgraded from mythbuntu 9.10 to 10.04.

 I use: Microsoft Windows Media Center V2 (usb) : Sky Satelite Recieiver

 Before the upgrade everything worked no problem. After upgrade cannot
change channels on the Sky Box. The channel will change no problem with the
Sky Remote.

 When using the Sky Remote the small LED “ir received” on the front of the
Sky Box flashes, but when trying to change from mythbuntu 10.04 it does not
flash even though the IR from the USB box flashes correctly as it always
has. This would seem to indicate that the incorrect code is being received.

 I have made sure that /usr/local/bin/change-channel-lirc.sh is correct and
working using:

   1.

   sudo -u mythtv /usr/local/bin/change-channel-lirc.sh
   2.

   sudo chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/change-channel-lirc.sh

 I have also checed that the “/usr/share/lirc/transmitters/sky/general.conf”
file is correct.

 I also have tried:

irsend -d /dev/lircd SEND_ONCE sky 1

/usr/local/bin/change-channel-lirc.sh 01

 Both of these seem to work and send a command to the IR connected to the
USB box, but they are not recognised by the Sky Box.

 One thought was that the IR transistor was blown. I checked it by using an
IR extender and it picks up the IR signal correctly.

  I have used cat */etc/lirc/hardware.conf* and cannot see a problem with
the hardware.

 I have stopped and started Lirc.

 No matter what I try all seems correct – but the “ir received” LED on the
Shy box does not flash as it does when using the Sky Remote Directly.

 Do not know what to try next! Any suggestions?