[mythtvnz] Mythtv on Server hardware

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 04:52:29 BST 2010

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 3:29 PM, toby at np.co.nz <toby at np.co.nz> wrote:

> I'm due for a backend upgrade and thinking of picking up a Dell 2650 or
> 2850.
> These have PCIx slots.
>
> Does anyone have any experience running a Skystar2 and or PVR150 card in
> these slots.
>
> I understand the PVR150 needs  modification, but am not sure what it is.
>
> Any suggestions would be useful.

As far as  I know the only potential incompatibility is the voltage - PCI-X
only supports 3.3v cards, not the 5.0v that PCI 1.0 cards require. I doubt
there is anything you can do to get a 5.0v card to work. Assuming the cards
are 3.3v cards then it's just a matter of whether they physically fit in the
slot (i.e. keyed correctly and don't obstruct the excess part of the slot).

Cheers,