[mythtvnz] More HD questions

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Tue Jan 26 09:59:43 GMT 2010

>>Another quickie - TV3 I'm sure had the text (HD) in their EPG for true
>>1080i broadcasts but I've not seen it for a while - am I just unlucky?
>>
>>When they do turn on the HD tap, will I get an audio track selection on
>>the playback menu to get the surround sound?
>>
>>Cheers
>
> There is HD on TV3.  The CSI: Miami repeat tomorrow night is tagged as
> HD in The Listener, and Shark on Friday.  Even if it is not an HD
> programme, you still normally get the choice of AC3 2 channel or AAC 2
> channel.  M and "Select Audio Track".  All the other DVB-T channels
> (including C4 I think) just have AAC so you do not get that menu item.

Just had another play with TV3 on DVB-T and there /is/ an Audio Channel
selection in the menu - its just that its a lot further down the menu (had
to scroll down a bit to even get it displayed) than I was expecting.

Perhaps there will be a feature film with surround sound on the AC3 track
broadcast soon so I can see how it plays with my theatre amp:-)

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks