[mythtvnz] Sky setup...

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Jan 15 08:31:08 GMT 2010

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 09:44:32 +1300, you wrote:

I have been away for a few days, so I am just catching up on the
mailing list.

>On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 8:55 PM, Stephen Worthington <
>stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
>

>> Using an IRBlaster to change channels is not always reliable.  I still
>> have the occasional problem where a digit gets missed, so I think I
>> might need a small sleep command or two to delay things a little.
>>
>> Thanks Stephen for your comprehensive note. Just on reliability, I have
>been using the other script I referred to for over two years without a
>hitch. I guess the difference is indeed the sleep command but I dont know
>how to include it in your script.
>
>Also, I notice my personal favourite (??) Country99 channel is missing from
>your channum script.

Country99 is probably missing because it is a subscription channel and
I do not pay Sky to get it.  So I probably missed it out when setting
everything up.  It should be easy enough to add it to my setup files.

>I follow a much more manual process for channums and freqids - I update them
>using MythWeb. Clunky and insecure, but it works for me so I thought I would
>pass that on.

I had forgotten you could adjust things like that from MythWeb.  That
looks like a good way of making the occasional adjustment when Sky
change things around.