[mythtvnz] Win-TV Nova-S card not working

Barry Clearwater barryc at bcsystems.co.nz
Fri Jan 15 00:56:56 GMT 2010

> The installation under 32-bit Vista worked like a charm, incl the
> Hauppauge
> drivers and WinTV software.  I've not hooked a satellite up to it (vista
> box
> is not near a satellite connection), but it happily scans for channels
> and
> obviously fails to find any signal.  Both vista and ubuntu detected it
> as
> a 92001 model, so all looks good imho.
>
> Model 92001 Rev. C1B1
> Serial #4031602289
> Tuner Model: Conexant_CX24109
> Tuner Formats: Digital
> Tuner Audio: Stereo (CX883)
> Video Formats: NTSC ( M 443 ) PAL ( B G H I D K M N NCOMBO ) SECAM ( L
> L' )
> Audio Outputs: None
> External Inputs: 2
> S-Video Inputs: 2
> Teletext:
> Radio: None
> Decoder: CX883
> IR: Yes
>
> So I figure this is working just fine.
>
> Question then, is back to what are the expected steps to get this
> installed
> under mythbuntu 9.10?  Do I need v4l and/or any other add-ons/tweaks
> after
> the base install to get /dev/dvb/* created?
>
> Vance

Is there a possibility you can try a test install on an old box using Ubuntu
Jaunty (9.04)  from scratch? Say flip an old hard drive in temporarily? I
have had cards say they are ok but the input is stuffed, unusual but has
occurred. But I  have several nova-S cards working around the place on
either jaunty or intrepid (8.10) based versions of ubuntu.
Regards
Barry
--

Barry Clearwater