[mythtvnz] DVB-T USB tuner

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Thu Jan 14 23:37:17 GMT 2010

Is the "AVerMedia AVerTV Digi Volar X TV Tuner" a good place to start with
HD on my system? As far as I can tell the drivers are all in place (which
is an unknown for the $45 dongles I see on TradeMe).

What is the interface on the remote - is the IR detector in the USB tuner
or is it on the end of a bit of wire that plugs into the tuner? Come to
that, what buttons are there on the remote - is it just TV related or is
it as flexible as the MCE remote for MythTV work? - would be handy to have
a spare...

Cheers all

--
Robin Gilks