[mythtvnz] Sky setup...

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 03:05:21 GMT 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 9:44 AM, David Lowe <david at thistledown.co.nz> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 8:55 PM, Stephen Worthington <
> stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
>

>> Using an IRBlaster to change channels is not always reliable.  I still
>> have the occasional problem where a digit gets missed, so I think I
>> might need a small sleep command or two to delay things a little.
>>
>> Thanks Stephen for your comprehensive note. Just on reliability, I have
> been using the other script I referred to for over two years without a
> hitch. I guess the difference is indeed the sleep command but I dont know
> how to include it in your script.

Put it in after each of the system calls in the script, i.e.
  if ($channel_digit_0 != "0") {
     system("irsend SEND_ONCE $remote_name $channel_digit_1");
     sleep 1;
  }
  system("irsend SEND_ONCE $remote_name $channel_digit_2");
  sleep 1;
  system("irsend SEND_ONCE $remote_name $channel_digit_3");

Personally I'm a little confused as to why the Sky channels have been set up
in the range of 1000-1999? Wouldn't it be simpler to set the freqid of the
Sky channel to the actual channel number? You can still have MythTV use
1000-1999 by setting the channum to that and leave the freqid as the actual
channel number (e.g. The Box could be channel number = 1005, freqid = 5).
That way you only have to send one digit to the Sky box which would make
channel changes quicker and less prone to errors (for channels 1-9).

Cheers,