[mythtvnz] MHEG fix for freeview HD

Aaron Whitehouse lists at whitehouse.org.nz
Tue Jan 12 08:44:24 GMT 2010

Nick Rout wrote:
> I take it that while the MHEG-5 is useful to browse, it can't be used
> within myth to schedule in the same way that the EPG can?

Sorry for the "necrobump", I'm way behind on my emails.

That is my understanding. I would love to see a "use MHEG data" next to
the "use EIT" checkbox, but it doesn't really provide a lot over the EIT
data that I get over the internet. It would be nice to think I could use
DVB-T MythTV without an internet connection, but I doubt I'll do it any
time soon.

Conceptually, I think it would be better to have the MHEG processor as a
source of EPG data and the F12 view as a alternate view of the EPG --
given that no interactive features work in it anyway.

I'm still really interested to know how some boxes provide series link
and have a feeling that it is in the MHEG information. As I have said
before, this is something that I would love to see in MythTV and would
donate to an effort to add it (if MyPVR is interested in spearheading
it, or something).

Regards,

Aaron