[mythtvnz] Sky setup...

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Mon Jan 11 04:42:50 GMT 2010

On Mon, January 11, 2010 4:15 pm, David Lowe wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 2:26 PM, Robert Connolly
> <rob at webworxshop.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> Does anyone have any info on setting up Sky TV with Myth in NZ?
>> Specifically how to set up channel changing of the decoder (via
>> IRBlaster or Firewire). I'm not having much luck googling this!
>>

> This post (see the last item from Robin Gilks) is still my bible:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/290565#290565
>
> I think there's only two main types of STB in NZ - I use both of them
> (Motorola and Pace) so if you can't find the necessary Lircrc files, I
> will
> be able to dig them out - from memory they are readily available if you
> google the model numbers. I think Mythbuntu makes the whole process easier
> now than when I first set mine up.

First make sure you have a stand alone STB. Things don't work well with
MySky boxes.

Then you need the correct Lirc for either a pace/zenith/motorola STB.

As mentioned the knoppmyth wiki had a good guide for this, but it might
not have been updated in a while.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz