[mythtvnz] Breaking News - Chilean Earthquakes, and their company - OT?

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sun Feb 28 01:06:05 GMT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: Simon Green
To: MythTV in NZ
Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2010 11:50 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] Breaking News - Chilean Earthquakes,and their company - OT?

On 28 February 2010 08:32, Tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

>> Wouldn't it be nice if channels, such as Parliament, that are frequently just broadcasting an image, were used to broadcast up to
the minute news when it existed - and perhaps also to give out tsunami warnings etc?

>> A message of the next showing could be somewhere less prominent.

> Would anyone see it? I wouldn't usually flick through partliament tv on a Saturday evening or Sunday morning. However, I would
> expect Sky News (the tsunami alert was also issued in Australia) and TVNZ 7 to show something.

Well if I know nothings there I wont be going there.  On the other hand I might look if I knew the practice was in place.  Nothing
stopping various channels and places saying the Breaking News facility has been activated....  Sky news requires Sky....